Friday, September 01, 2006

Going Global - could this blog be evolving?


The week in review - Round #1:

When I first began this blog / forum, I began with a very narrow focus - but I realized very soon into it that it had to be more than a whine seller. And so the changes have come along.

First, I went global with a piece on climate change prompted by Al-you-know-who's movie. Had some fun with that, and even picked up on some cool and informative sites on the web. So I figured I would keep this thread going as a subsection - under the link "Climate Watch".

Then came the conflict in Lebanon, and I began reading the Jerusalem Post online. Posted some links to interesting articles there, and this week I set up "Israel Watch" - another link to your right on the Forum entry page. So these forays-on-impulse have become blogs-within-a-blog.

Which brings me to this - I need a place where visitors to the Forum can go and get an update, since entries are being modified all over the place.
And here it is:




The week in review:
Beginning August 25, 2006.






The week began with some Kvatch -
"Could squirrels be evolving?"

(If you don't know what Kvatch is, dig into the archives Feb or Mar 06. And yes, I wrote it, and it is based loosely on real events.)

Then I set up "Israel Watch" and "Climate Watch". Both can be found at the main blog / forum entry page -
Click here! if you feel lost, and look at the links to your right!

"Israel Watch" is obviously more serious - ( one of the articles linked from there is by Alan Dershowitz ), but I really like the newest entry of the "Climate Watch". Go check it out! Should make you think!

The week ends with the forward-looking invitation to our special treat for the Labor Day Week-end. Need I say more?

And so, concluded is this week.

Best wishes to you all . . . and Shavuah Tov.

No comments: