Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Standing on principle

I have had a chance to speak to number of people about our options in the present election cycle. It's been an interesting process, and I believe we will all benefit from the exposure the candidates have had to endure, not to mention our saturation with the subject.



Here is a piece from Thomas Friedman, from which the following quote really sums up how we should be making our own personal choices:

Personally, as an American Jew, I don’t vote for president on the basis of who will be the strongest supporter of Israel. I vote for who will make America strongest. It’s not only because this is my country, first and always, but because the single greatest source of support and protection for Israel is an America that is financially and militarily strong, and globally respected.

No comments: