Sunday, October 22, 2006

Getting the picture . . .



Part 1: We have entered the 9 th month of the New WAM and this blog, and it seems there may be some perplexity out there as to postings on different subjects. The artwork above, if I may call it that, pulls together the major elements of this blog.

First things first, the blog is not an official mouth piece for anyone, but me. True, both the blog and the Minyan came into being in Feb 2006, after BSBI's historic meeting concluding the "location issue". And I certainly hope it speaks for as many of us as it might, but no doubt at times it may not. One of the reasons I set up the blog was to give voice to people's frustrations, and provide them a place to air them. The blog is moderated, which means I can temper what gets expressed. The intent of that was to reduce the number of angry emails making the rounds. In that regard, I believe the blog has been largely successful.

However, fairly early into my blogging experience, I figured there was a need to provide more than one theme for visitors to have reason to return. To that end, I extended the blog content into a number of directions. The initial themes are laid out in the Magen David above. To signal which theme or corner is being addressed, posts are often headed by a piece cropped from the larger scheme.

The Editor's Corner postings tend to be serious, and formal. The Kvatch section is fun and nonsense (literally "rubbish" - as in the German quatsch). The Kvetch corner has only been used once thus far, on the latest posting, Sour on Krauthammer . . , but more will yet come.

As for the corners denoted by Hebrew letters, that will await another day . . .

In the meantime, Farewell,

Peter R

Some afterwords - If I decide to enhance a post with another image, then that image replaces the label. So,
Tales from Summer Camp is Kvatch without the



label.

Instead, you see, you get . . .

the picture . . .

No comments: